Old October 30th 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kyla[_3_]

Default Tribute: Adam Rubin

Adam Rubin was an active participant from the last years of rec.pets.cats
newsgroup and on into rec.pets.cats.community until sometime in 2012, when
his last kitty went to the Bridge. He wrote for Lionel, Allegra "Great
Girtha" (a Soomo contestant and, later, political leader), and "Loveable"
Louise, the original Grand Pooh-bah. After Louise left for the Bridge, Adam
posted as himself for awhile, and then fell silent.

Adam went to the Bridge himself in April, 2013.

Glad I am that you found the newsgroup, Adam. Grateful that you shared
your, yes, it must be said, slightly goofy, entertaining side with all of
us. (I have a cassette tape, made at least 15 years ago, of Adam singing
the "Great Girtha Fan Club" song. He sent a copy to every kitty household
who joined the club as early members...I laughed all the way through when I
listened.)

Thank you Adam, you are remembered with great fondness.

Melissa

Hi Melissa,
Adam Rubin was a very special man indeed.
When I went first went to alt.cats in 2007 to mourn the passing of our 19
year old cat Mutt, real name Waldo, I got not one single reply.
Flippy saw me there, expressed her condolences and she steered me to
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes, and I received a warm welcome there for awhile and
then a lot of verbal kerfuffling (abuse)
was aimed at me so I left and tried to come back a few times, to no avail.
Some people there were so nasty towards me, and I never went back. I didn't
want to go where I was not welcomed.
Adam, when he was alive, worked at the Jeffersonian Institute, in what
capacity, I don't know.
I do know Adam had a liver transplant and he could not be around cats
fearing a scratch could cause an infection.
So his parents kept Loveable Louise and Allegra, (Great Girtha) and Lionel.
A few years back Adam sent me a _large_ box of Loveable" Louise's toys, a
large tub of catnip for our cats, and some things for me.
He was a good e mail friend.
I had a video of him and his parents playing with the cats, but I lost it
when that computer crashed
Last I heard, his Mother was suffering from Alzimers disease.
She may also have passed away. I don't know.
RIP sweet Adam, we were blessed to have you on RPCC
Love,
Kyla