Old April 12th 16, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Cat Treats

On 4/12/2016 12:41 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Bastette wrote:

One thing you could consider, if you're not already doing so, is to
buy grain-free cat food. Cats do not need them, and grains could cause
unnecessary weight gain. I don't know if it's available where you live,
but you can definitely order online. It's not cheap, though, so I guess
it depends on your budget.

She likes her dry Purina One Indoor Advantage cat food. The first
ingredient is turkey. I don't think a half a cup of that a day is
excessive.

If you don't think it's necessary for her to lose weight - and it sounds
like you don't - then my suggestion about grain-free food is moot.

Actually, a suggestion for grain-free food is excellent, regardless of
weight. Cats are obligate carnivores and do not digest carbohydrates.
Also, cats that later develop diabetes are usually cats that have been
fed a diet of dry food.

MaryL