Old November 16th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Are there any proven health risks associated with NOT neutering?

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 03:10:24 -0600, "-Lost"
wrote:

Are there any proven health risks associated with NOT neutering?

I just really want to be informed and cover all bases. All the
information I have gathered or articles that I have read thus far do
not claim that any particular risk is 100% guaranteed if you do not
neuter your cat.

The only real problems I have heard that beckon neutering are
testosterone and spraying -- that it calms aggression and lessens
marking their territory.

Am I not reading the right stuff or is there no REAL danger in not
neutering?

There is a real risk of more kittens. There are already plenty of cats
around that have to be killed, so why increase the numbers? If we ever
have a cat shortage, feel free to let some breed.