Old April 11th 04, 04:18 AM
Kalyahna

"trents32" wrote in message
We are considering getting a cat.
Will a cat be happier with companionship of 2nd cat.
Is there an issue getting two cats?
Does it matter if they both male or female or a mix when both are

nuetered
and spayed?
We lost our cat and to have enough cats for everyone in family to share I
thought 2 cats would be good.

Thank you for any thoughts

Check with your local shelter. Much of the time, shelters will have "bonded
pairs" available. These are cats that likely were raised together or have
lived together for a long time, and separating them can lead to depression,
lack of appetite, illness, etc for the individuals. Bonded pairs usually
take quite awhile to get adopted, so I'm sure your local shelter would be
thrilled that you're interested in two!

A benefit of adopting a bonded pair as opposed to two cats strange to each
other is that you do not have to deal with introducing the cats to each
other on top of bringing them into a new home. These cats will help keep
each other calm while they're learning the ropes of their new home, and
they'll keep each other busy while you're occupied (sleeping or working or
whatnot).