Old June 18th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Maybe things are looking up

wrote:

There's a number of reasons I was hesitant, from feeling that, as a
culture, the US tends to overmedicate (which is not to say that many
meds are lifesavers for many people, including antidepressants), to
knowing that my own body tends to be sensitive to chemicals. I am
already on six meds for my asthma/emphysema/COPD, anxiety, allergies,
and acid reflux, so adding a seventh is serious for me. I would love
to not be on *any* meds, but I have resigned myself to the fact that,
at the very least, I will always need my inhalers. I hope I will not
always need the others.

I know exactly how you feel. ATM, besides two kinds of insulin, I take
six other medicines every day. I hate it every time the doctor
prescribes me another one, and unlike you, I know I'll have to take them
the rest of my life. Lots of hugs and purrs, Ginger-lyn. I hope the meds
do help and don't cause any bad reactions.

Stories and pics at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/