Old June 18th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Maybe things are looking up

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...
But sometimes I wonder what the long-term
effects will be. Over the past few years, my memory has really
declined, and it used to be *excellent*. It could be due to
menopause, but maybe it's the A/Ds. Am I giving myself brain
damage??

Joyce, I believe it. Pre-2004, I had a photographic memory. I still
do, but now there's a big hole in it.

If I pick an item up off the shelf at the store and walk right away to
the checkout, by the time I get there, I will have forgotten the price.
Usually I can guess the numbers but they are all mixed around (like
4.29 vs 2.49, or $32 instead of $23.)

To get to my classes at school, I had to write the numbers down inside
my textbook. If I forgot the textbook I couldn't find the
classroom--even if someone told me the number, I couldn't remember it
long enough to find the room.

I don't know if it was the Effexor, the depression, or the surrounding
neuro damage (like whatever happened that made my left hand go numb for
eight months) but I am not what I used to be, and I'm only 28.

The Effexor did the same thing to me and to my daughter. That is one drug
that I *would* like to see them take off the market. They are prescribing
it for too many things, not just depression (they gave it to me for my
Fibromyalgia!) - and not only are the side effects dangerous, but the
withdrawals are killer!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped