Old January 9th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default German WeatherCat

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Kreisleriana wrote:

Lupin, a big cuddly tabby, made a surprise entrance in a German weather
report:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7819843.stm

I have difficulty receiving videos on my computer. (They download in
three second segments, taking about two minutes for each download.)

The problem is that the video usually plays faster than it can download,
so it gets ahead of itself. Then it has to wait until more of the file
is downloaded before it can play it. This is very annoying.

This should help: Click the "stop" button. (It won't say "Stop", but will
have either two vertical lines close together, looking a bit like the
number 11, or else a square.) This stops the video from playing. Let the
video download until the progress bar is all the way to the right. Then
click "Start" (same button as the Stop button, but now it has a right-
pointing triangle on it). This way, the script won't be attempting to play
the video while downloading is going on.

However, despite the title being about the subject cat, the video
appears to be some sort of war story, nothing to do with weather (or a
cat appearing on the set).

Patience, patience. It's a 30-second ad that is played before the main
news item. If necessary for healthy blood pressure, hit the mute button
while the ad is playing.

--
Joyce ^..^