Old August 24th 04, 07:26 PM
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
I stepped out on my patio this morning to dump the dregs of the parrot

seed
for the birds and there was a tiny grey tabby sitting there. I'm no good

at
guessing the age of kittens but it's smaller than Tallulah's little

Hubert!
Obviously a stray, possibly abandoned by mama-cat (or mama was killed or
trapped or something). Poor little baby was extremely afraid of me. When

tried to slowly approach, it ran into my shamefully overgrown monkey-grass
and hid. I parted the monkey grass and it was shaking like crazy at my
approach and slunk further back away. It won't let me get near it.

Here's the deal (and it breaks my heart to say so). I can't start feeding
this kitten. The apartment manager just graciously removed my monthly pet
fee for Persia because I'm unemployed, to help with my rent. No way can I
take in another. Also, I cannot afford more vet bills at this time.

I *did* think about putting food out to try to trap the kitten so I could
take him/her to a no-kill shelter. But the woman across the street & down

ways feeds ferals. Per that other neighbor down the street (the one who
scared the crap out of me by leaning over the fence to tell me about a

dead
cat), she's got 12-14 of them hanging around and does nothing else for

them,
I might add. I can't afford to attract her bunch over here. I'm pretty
sure that's where this one came from since the woman doesn't attempt to

have
the ones she feeds spayed or neutered.

Lastly, even if I could afford and take this sweet little darlin' in,

Persia
is a one-cat cat. She freaks if she sees another one through the window.

simply can't disrupt her life that way.

If I could figure a way to trap this little one and take it to a rescue
place to be cared for, I would. Maybe you have some suggestions that

won't
attract every feral cat in the neighborhood?

Jill

Here in UK there are cat charities that will lend you a trap, which does not
guarantee that you won't catch someone you don't want.
It ain't easy and you can only try your best.

How do you know Persia wouldn't like a little pal? Eventually, of course,
at first she would go ape-**** (hope I can use this phrase here) Might be
worth trying for a few weeks.
How lovely for her to have a friend, if at all possible.

Tweed