Old February 14th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ken & Sandy

Default Hi, cat trauma...

I have found that most of my most affectionate cats have been males. I
won't hold this to a science but it just has seemed that way. Currently I
have 6 cats, 2 males and they are the most loving. My female cats have
their moments, but the two males follow me around the house, are the first
on my lap or snuggling in bed with me. Secondly I wouldn't go out and get
a kitten. You can get a very affectionate and loving cat that is older from
a shelter. Go to the shelter, spend some time there in the cat room, pet
and play with the cats. One just might find YOU and want to take YOU home.
And yes, PLEASE keep your cat indoors. I know this is a
controversial topic, some people believe a cat shouldn't be indoors, but
they do have a lot longer life expectancy inside. Also, please do not
declaw cats if at all in the world possible.