Old September 1st 03, 01:11 PM
Ann Martin

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote
All these people have stated that this industry is regulated. Where
is the proof? Show me one document that gives any indication that
ingredients in pet foods are regulated. One idiot stated that the
USDA/FSIS regulated the ingredients used in pet foods. WRONG! they
have no input at all. The FDA/CVM oversees any drugs that are used in
pet foods and the labeling text. NOTHING ELSE. The AAFCO sets
guidelines and it is up to each state to adopt these guidlines. Very
few states actually do and if they do this group, comprised of many
from the pet food industry, has no input at all into the ingredients
used. If you follow the AAFCO guidlelines, as I have pointed out in a
dehydrated garbage," "dehydrated food waste," "dried ruminant waste,"
"dried swine waste," "undried processed animal waste products,". NOW
WOULD YOU PLEASE PROVIDE SOME DOCUMENTATION AS TO WHO REGULATES THE
INGREDIENTS THAT ARE IN COMMERCIAL FOOD. THE PET FOOD COMPANIES,
THAT'S WHO REGULATES THIS INDUSTRY.

snipped
As I've said before, I don't have the time to spend with people like
you and won't bother wasting anymore time with your posts. Others on
the list know that I am more then happy to provide any documented
information they require.

Ann

Small, nit-picky correction: this is a news group, not a list.

Thanks Cathy, I'll remember that in the future.

And, it's considered to be impolite to use caps for entire words/sentences
in ngs - it's = shouting.

Cathy, if I were speaking directly to these people I would be shouting
as they can't seem to comprehend anything I have said. There will be
no more shouting as I will not be responding to these people again.

Ann