Old May 16th 12, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default The Wall (OT)

Dangerous tree is now sorted - a man with a chain saw came yesterday, so I
am still on good terms with that neighbour!
Grandmothers say very wise things. My own grandmother, when I asked her
when I was about 6 where I was during the war, she said "you were a seed in
God's garden.." I was happy with that explanation.
Tweed

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
my grandmother used to say that the devil doesn't plague you if he already
has you, so i infer from this that you are a decent and good person, which
doesn't help much when crap is hitting you at such a rapid rate, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
On 14/05/2012 9:41 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
"Nadia wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Has now been mentioned. It didn't go down a bundle.

Good luck with the wall. Hopefully your nasty neighbours will be smart
about it and you won't have to go to court over it.

I hope not to have to take it that far, but I will if I have to. I
will
point out to them that they cannot win and will end up paying my costs.
The
wall will have to have the part that is into my garden, demolished.

If you're on good terms with the other neighbour that has the wall over
their property, I'd be tempted to have a word with them about it, too.
It might be easier if you go in together, and the wall can be removed in
one action rather than two, IYSWIM.

Good luck, although I know you won't need it, since the law is squarely
on your side with this one.

I am on good terms with other neighbour, he bought the house next door
with the long garden like mine, shortened the plot, and sold house and
small plot for renovation.
The difficulty is that on his remaining plot there is a huge tree that
has spilt in half, half of it has fallen on to his own land and the other
half has fallen over my garden and is only being held up by one of my
small trees that cannot take the weight for much longer and it is bending
and might snap.
I have asked him twice to do something about it, and eventually he came
round with someone (tree surgeon?) three weeks ago.
Nothing has yet been done. If my tree gives way from holding this huge
one up (which it will) and I happen to be going down to the chickens at
the same time, I will be history.
So it is a possibility that we will fall out about that, and if we do, he
is unlikely to support me about the wall.
Why do so many things happen to me?
I just want a quiet life and cannot seem to have one.
Tweed