Old May 17th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

Default Goodbye Sweet Mimi (RB)

"Matthew" wrote in message
I am sorry Lyn

"-L." wrote in message
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted here in along time, but wanted to let the old timers
know I lost my sweet tortie, Mimi, today. She would have been 18 in
July.

She was doing remarkably well despite having CRF and pretty bad
arthritis in her back hips. This morning when I checked on her, she
couldn't walk - had peed on herself and was pretty out of it. I think
she may have had a stroke. I tried to get a vet to come to the house,
but no one had any time on their schedules, so I took her in to the
local vet and said goodbye. Before she passed, she gave me some purrs
and reached out her creamy white paw, just as she had done through the
cage bars at the Humans Society 17 years ago.

She was an awesome kitty - my first pet while living on my own - and
hopefully now is a kitten again, playing with Peewee on the RB.

Goodbye Sweet Girl - I love you!

-L.
(Lyn)

I have a soft spot for calico girls. I lost my Beaner in 2003 at age 16 , in
pretty much the same scenario, and she was also a cat that begged to be
taken home.
Condolences for your loss. :-(