Old June 2nd 04, 08:44 PM
Gene Royer

"Roberta Hatch" wrote in message
Gene Royer wrote:
"The Grim Reaper" wrote:
"Ciruelax" wrote:

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser...gy/A&P201/Cat_

Skinning/Cat_Skinning.htm

Just had to be done. A lovely page showing the disection of cats
in glorious color. The cat lovers will adore seeing them put to
this worthy use.

The local SPCA kills thousands of cats each month here in my city. I

wish
it weren't so; but if their carcasses can be used to make the lives of
humans better it is a good thing.

Well, it's obvious that 'someone' made a poor attempt at
trolling. But since you made the comment about the animals being
put to good use...

Years ago in my youth, I worked for a vet. They'd put
down animals and the ASPCA would show up once a week and collect
the carcasses. We'd just put them in plastic garbage bags, tie
them shut and put them outside the backdoor.

On day I became curious and asked what the ASPCA did with
carcasses. Well, they sold them to the knackers. Yes, that's right,
we're talking *soap* and other fine products.

I've often thought that the soap manufacturers should have
given their products better names, just to 'honor' the ingredients.
Instead of Ivory, Fluffy. Instead of Zest, Fido. You get the idea.

I know that the ASPCA probably claims that they cremate
the carcasses, but I'll bet they still sell them to the knackers
when they can. Think about that the next time you climg into the
shower.

Bobbi

---
Roberta Hatch '65 Panhead
Dykes on Bikes, San Francisco, CA (This space for rent)

Bathing with soap made from feline doesn't bother me any more than that I
eat the outsides of many other animals. And some of them, I eat the
insides, too. Tripe, for example is a delicious--but very stringy--meal.
And liver is a healthy treat.

I have never knowingly eaten a cat, and I can't imagine that I would enjoy
it either way.

But I have eaten other kinds of animals that people keep for pets. Lamb,
veal, chicken, duck, rabbit and squirrel. I've never eaten a raccoon.

--Geno