Old November 12th 10, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

Default Boyfriend & Simon

On Nov 11, 5:59*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Actually, it's their hearing that conveys that information - everybody walks
in slightly different pace and movement. *I can tell you, from personal
experience, that they can also recognize vehicle. *Archer will be laying in
bed for me and, when he hears Ben pulling up to the house he becomes alert
and watches the door for Ben to come through. *He only does it when it's
Ben - other vehicles pulling up to the house doesn't interest him more than
a flicker of an ear.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I agree with Lori. Ours can tell the difference between dh's GTO and
the neighbor's RX-7, when they are at the street and our house is 250
yards from the road. The only reason I know this is because they
always lift their heads even from a sound sleep when he turns into the
driveway (Hobbes, Sam and Lacey would(will) go to the kitchen where
Rusty will enter the house). Halfway down the driveway he hits the
garage door opener which tells me he's home. I can hear the RX-7 when
it arrives at their house and the cats won't twitch an ear.

Julie