Old March 27th 05, 05:59 PM
KellyH

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Joe Canuck wrote:

Perhaps we should apply this same line of thought with human

beings...

There are thousands if not millions of kids around the world without
parents. Perhaps one should adopt a kid first rather than see other

kids
go through the early years without the support and benefit of

parents.

I agree whole-heartedly. Especially since non-renewable resources and
our ability to deal with output are dwindling.

Once *all* the parentless kids have been adopted, only then should
couples consider having their own kids.

I don't have any problem what-so-ever with that sentiment.

-L.

Thanks. Guess I'm just a mindless breeder.
You know I considered adoption vs. IVF very carefully. Adoption is not as
easy as people seem to think it is, like you just fill out a form and
someone hands you a child. It also costs thousands of dollars and the
process can be emotionally taxing. I admit, I freaked going over the
application. They want to know *everything* about you, and I do have some
things from my past that are not exactly flattering and I would rather that
no one knew about.
Whatever, I don't have to defend my choice.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net