Old July 17th 15, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie's bad fight

He has completely recovered now but it's affected his confidence. He still
goes out several times a day, but soon comes home and goes to his bedroom to
sleep where he knows he is completely safe. I've always wanted his bedroom
to be a safe place, even from me. I rarely go in there if I know he is, and
I only dust and hoover in there if he is out.
I do occasionally peep in there to make sure he is in at night though as
sometimes he slips back in without me noticing. I switch the light on
briefly and if I see him, I switch it off again.
So he feels unable to meatloaf on his beloved freezer in the conservatory,
he likes to do this in the summer.

On the one hand, I am glad that he has maybe realised now that he is like
one of those old cowboy gunfighters in the old Westerns who think they can
still do it and unlike them, he took note of it before he got killed by the
younger guys. I'm kind of relieved that he's decided for himself to keep
safe.
On the other hand, I'm annoyed about it. He should be able to do what he
wants in his own home & garden. Yes, cat's boundaries are not our own but
anycat with decent manners knows that to approach anothercat's door to his
house is asking for trouble.
Maybe this longhaired black cat is lost and looking to move in? I don't
think so, he looks fine. It's been going on for a while, so I'd have
expected some deterioration in his condition if this was the case.
He's just a young bully. He probably needs neutering and if he goes after my
boy again, I am the right person to make sure that happens.
He'll only be missing for a day ;-)

Tweed