Old January 29th 05, 04:30 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Sherry " wrote in message
I'm thinking of purchasing a Maine Coon and would appreciate any tips
on care, grooming, indoors vs outdoors, etc., as well as caveats. The
no.2 on my list is a Bengal, and so I would especially appreciate
comparisons between the two in terms of personality, habits, and the
like. For example, my impression is that the Maine Coon is not a
jumper like the Bengal.

Thanks
Bruce

Just my experience. Maine Coons aren't jumpers.

In my limited experience (my parents' Maine Coon) I don't think they are
jumpers, either. Maybe because they're so big/long that they can reach a
lot by simply stretching? ;-)

snipped

Now. That said, and all pretentiousness aside, a "Maine Coon" is nothing

more
than an extra-large jumbo sized furry cat with a bushy tail. Wanna-be

Maine
Coons are in shelters everywhere.

I second this. My parents' cat may well have not been a purebred Maine
Coon - my father found him in their driveway, wandering around, when a tiny
kitten. Otoh, all of his physical characteristics certainly matched those
of a Maine Coon.

Cathy