Old November 12th 16, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default I do NOT spoil my cats!

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 00:26:16 +0000, Jack Campin wrote:

The thing is that when she does decide I've slept long enough, I awaken to a
furry little bundle of pure cuteness and affection who is standing on the bed
about six inches from my face, purring loudly and gently licking my nose, and
for this reason I find it impossible to consider her behavior obnoxious!

Ours sometimes wake us up (either like that or by stomping all over us),
but more often they put us to bed. Put the lights out and Chloe will
often come up beside me and purr a bedtime story in my ear. Zeke (RB)
used to do the same thing, but he'd first do a health and safety check
of the downie by crawling under it from feet to pillow a couple of times.

Yes - I get the same nose-licking at bedtime, but the purring generally doesn't
start until she curls up and gets settled in somewhere next to my feet.

Which reminds me - there's a small rectangular blanket, about 30 inches by
whatever the width of the bed - at the foot end. It's nice and thick and comfy,
and my kitten loves it so much that sometimes the purring begins the instant she
gets all four paws on it. Lots of purring, and kneading. The only other time she
does that is on the large microfiber thermal blanket I have on my living room
sofa - after I saw how much she liked the small one on the bed. I thought she'd
like that one too, and she certainly does! In fact, she's laying over there on
it right now watching me type this and keeps giving me those little "I love you"
kitty eye slow winks when I look over at her.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY