Old October 14th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Default Lilly's Bladder infection...

"bnh0728" wrote in message
oups.com...
Inside/Outside cat. Vet told my wife to keep her inside for a week,
while we administer oral meds 2/day. Keeping her in one room w/litter
and food/water, so she doesn't pee everywhere else. Any suggestions on
how we can make her more comfortable there?

Thanks

Regular visits and cuddles. A scratching post or old bit of carpet stapled
to a piece of chipboard. Treats. Lots of treats. Just joking, probably not
too many if she's ill. If it's cold where you are, a heater of some sort
(everyone else here knows which ones to use better than me, I'm in the
tropics. ask if you need to know). Some other posters have suggested a pet
drinking fountain for cats with bladder problems, as the fresh oxygenated
water encourages them to drink more often, that is crucial for a bladder
infected cat. Again, ask the experts; they can tell you how much and where
to buy. If your vet hasn't told you, hopefully they have, give her a good
quality pet food specifically for bladder health. Hope she feels better
soon!!