Old October 14th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bnh0728

Default Lilly's Bladder infection...

Thank you for the swift reply. Visits and cuddles won't be a prob, as
she is so sweet even when she is sick. Next, we're in TX so we actually
opened the A/C vent in that room for her. The scratching post is a
good suggestion, and we will get one tomorrow. Got the right pet food
per the vet. I like the drinking fountain idea, not sure we can afford
it. Would love to know who the "experts" are and how we can reach
them.
Thanks again you for your quick post.

meeee wrote:
"bnh0728" wrote in message
oups.com...
Inside/Outside cat. Vet told my wife to keep her inside for a week,
while we administer oral meds 2/day. Keeping her in one room w/litter
and food/water, so she doesn't pee everywhere else. Any suggestions on
how we can make her more comfortable there?

Thanks

Regular visits and cuddles. A scratching post or old bit of carpet stapled
to a piece of chipboard. Treats. Lots of treats. Just joking, probably not
too many if she's ill. If it's cold where you are, a heater of some sort
(everyone else here knows which ones to use better than me, I'm in the
tropics. ask if you need to know). Some other posters have suggested a pet
drinking fountain for cats with bladder problems, as the fresh oxygenated
water encourages them to drink more often, that is crucial for a bladder
infected cat. Again, ask the experts; they can tell you how much and where
to buy. If your vet hasn't told you, hopefully they have, give her a good
quality pet food specifically for bladder health. Hope she feels better
soon!!