Old April 4th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Moongal

Default Lethargy, voice loss, weight loss, thirst

wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, they can't even test the blood. They tried a couple of times
(she loved being dragged back out to have blood drawn again, as you
can imagine) and they can't do anything with it because she's so
anemic, so they can't determine if she has any kidney or liver
problems. So she says the only thing we can do is to give her the
pills and see if she gets better or worse, and if she gets worse,
there's nothing that can be done for her. They first suspected
diabetes and ruled that out through a urine test.

How would the vet know your cat is anemic without a blood test? The
symptoms sure sound like it, but I didn't think you could know for sure
without testing the blood (I'm certainly not a medical expert though!)

Anyway, I don't know about liver problems, but if it's kidney problems your
cat can be treated. It's more like palative care, but she could have much
more time. My cat has surprised everyone at the vets with how well he has
been doing these last few months even though he has kidney failure and
anemia. In fact he's in my lap right now tapping me to keep petting him.
I don't like that your vet says there is nothing that can be done. If you
can, try for a second opinion.

My thoughts are with you. I really hope the pills she is taking now really
help her.