Old November 19th 04, 04:16 AM
Marina

LMarks wrote:

For years, whenever Chessie comes into a room and finds Nikki snuggling with
me, Chessie goes into I'm-having-the-most-wonderful-time mode. She starts
flinging catnip toys, chasing and rolling with them. Naturally, Nikki soon
leaves me to join in the wonderful-time fun. Don't have to tell you what
happens next. What I want to know is Chessie's thought process which tells
her exactly how to entice Nikki away from me. Nik does not do this - her
method is just to clamber up, push in and make room for herself between
Chessie and me......whereupon Chess jumps down in disgust.
Hmmmmm.....perhaps Nikki does have a thought process!

I think she might. ) My Nikki wouldn't dream of coming near when Frank
is in my lap. She adores and respects him too much to try and oust him.
She never gets in my lap anyway. If I lift her up, she sometimes stays
and even falls asleep, but she never comes volontarily.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki