Old August 27th 03, 05:13 PM
Al Puzzuoli

Default Keeping kitty away from stereo?

I have a two year old cat, and I just purchased a new stereo and
entertainment center for my living room. My cat is quite well behaved
around the house but the stereo and speakers are new to him so of course
must be checked out, and the entertainment center is a great new toy to
climb on in his mind. One of his favorite games is to squeeze behind the
shelving unit and hide his toys in amongst the speaker wires. He has
claws and for the most part is pretty good about not using them, but I am
concerned about what he could do to my speaker grills if he gets in a
mood. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can convey the idea to
him that this area is off limits? I've considered putting bitter orange
on the speaker wires, but i'm not sure what to do about the speakers
themselves or the shelves.

Thanks,