Old December 18th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default seeking cat claw care advice

"Wendy" wrote
The cardboard scratchers are great. My Diego loves his. My other two like
a good stretch while they scratch so my cat tree is their preference.

Gracie also loves a vertical scratch! At present I have no room for a cat
tree
(long story, the house is big enough but full of big stuff passed to us when
beloved relative died, so there is no getting rid of the big stuff). So I
got
oneat Petsmart for $15. It is just the right height that she gets a good
scratch
in--32 inches tall. The usual ones are way too short for the cat to get that
good stretch in! It has only carpet on it, but I bought the sisal and glue
fix that. She loves it. It is tall enough that she can leap up and stick to
the top
like velcro. Once she took a flying leap and wound up stuck to it upside
down,
hahaha!

The
scratching posts need to be heavy enough (or secured in some manner) so
they can't tip. It also needs to be tall enough that the cat can get a
good stretch. Mine like the part that is wrapped with the sisal rope.
Spray it with catnip to get them interested.

I've never seen spray catnip!