Old September 3rd 14, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Melisande - R I P

m...

Alas, a few days at the vet's brought no improvement. Neither the
medications (which they managed to administer) nor steroid injections
had any effect on the bloody stools. It was a hard decision to make,
since she remained in good spirits (although sleeping a lot more than
usual) and eating well. The vet shared my distress in making the final
decision, but said there really didn't appear to be anything else they
could do for her, so it seemed the better choice, and she would make it,
if Meilsande were hers.

~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry to hear this. You have made one of the most difficult
decisions, but you also did what was best for Melisande. I have said
several times on this newsgroup that I consider that to be the "final act of
love." You are left with the pain of her loss, but you have saved Melisande
from any further pain.

MaryL