Old February 4th 04, 01:54 AM
Cat Protector

You support the shelters that euthanize? That in term says that you support
the practice of euthanasia to clear space in a shelter. I think that is
terrible. I also have to disagree with your position that those in no-kill
shelters shut themselves off to the reality of the over-population. The
shelter workers at no-kill facilities are very much aware of the problem and
should be congratulated for their hard work. It takes more guts for them to
work there than those who work at shelters who just kill off the animals to
save space. Many of the no-kills have volunteers who foster the cats in
their own homes, spend time with the felines, feed the cats, and of course
press harder to get the ones that have been in the shelter system for far
too long, adopted. No-kills will have my respect since it takes more to save
a life than to take it away.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Kalyahna" wrote in message

I'll continue to applaud the shelters that euthanize, and the people that
work most directly with the animals that may or may not be there again the
next day, or after their weekend, or after a well earned vacation. It

takes
a lot more courage and strength to work under such conditions than it does
to work in a facility where a person can close oneself off to the reality

of
the overpopulation problem.