Old March 27th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default International Cat of Mystery

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
"Marie Lawrence" wrote in message
u...

Hi Britta,
I hope your container of furniture arrives on time. 18 months ago my

son
moved to New Zealand, his furniture went in a container, his new job

paid

for accommodation for one month. He found and rented a house, still no
furniture. He moved in with a futon to sleep on, and one borrowed

chair

!

He missed his 2 cats so much that he had them sent over, he bought an
electric heat pad for them, and there they all stayed for weeks before

his

furniture arrived. It seemed that the container was not full, so it

stayed

here in OZ until it had a full load. I hope this does not happen to you

!

Marie
from OZ

Our container is definitely full...to the brim! Also, we rented the

whole
container, no one else's stuff is allowed in there. But it will still

be at
least 3 weeks before the stuff arrives after I do. I plan to rent a

house
right away and I'll sleep on an air mattress. Helen Wheels is kindly
storing 3 large bags for us too, which contain sheets, towels, pots,

pans,
dishes and even a toaster! I think I'll be ok camping out in an empty

house
for as long as it takes our stuff to arrive. We had to do it for 6

weeks
when I was 10 and we moved from Germany to Canada. For some reason our
container was extremely delayed but I can't remember why now.
--
Britta

I have had to warn Orlie that his current favourite lounging spot (your
largest bag) will soon be gone. He didn't look happy. I have to warn you
that he may be planning something.

Awwww, that's so sweet! I can just picture Orlie lounging on my bag. Maybe
he will just happen to be inside the bag when I leave ;-) I'll be a month
without Vino, so Orlie can come stay with me evil grin.
--
Britta