Old August 7th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default my oldest cat won't look at me

On 7 Aug, 21:43, "David Mooney" wrote:
Velvet is a 5 year old cat (she was my first cat) and she won't look at me
in the eyes. When I pet her, she averts her gaze and keeps her head turned
away from me. She has only begun this a few months ago Does anyone have any
ideas what the problem may be? She has always been a loving cat but she
doesn't get into my lap anymore or sleep on the bed with me as she used to.

Does anyone have any ideas what is up? I have three other cats. Thanks,

.

please don't stare at her and force eye contact with her, cats find
this intimidating and she obviously does judging by her behaviour, so
don't stress her out even more by forcing it on her. spend time with
her but without initiating any contact and certainly no eye contact or
even stare at her, just sit quietly with her and be in her company for
a while and wait for her to come to you.
if you insist on staring at her or trying to make eye conatct she will
find it threatening and will be even less likely to come to you.

bookie