Old July 6th 10, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Rorer

Default The Ham monster

Now two of mine will do anything for ham. I usually microwave a couple of
slices for a sandwitch and the smell brings them running. The Fluffy
actually gets right up and tries to take a piece right out of the sandwitch,
so I have to cut him his own pieces.

"Mishi" wrote in message
Puff is my 11 month old long haired tuxie, and he weighs 3lbs 8oz. He is
VERY small for his age - he reminds me of KFC. I am usually the one that
does the medicating and force feeding of the sick ones, but my DH has
fallen in love with Puff, giving him his meds, wiping his nose and making
sure he eats. But, Puff is a ham monster. He was very sick about 3 weeks
ago, and all we could get him to eat was baby food ham. He is recovering,
and is eating regular cat food, but he still demands his ham tribute. He
will walk over to DH and squeek at him - we swear he is trying to say
"ham". DH goes to the fridge and takes out the ham, while Puff is trying
to 'help' him. DH finger feeds him until he gets enough, then cleans his
nose off (Puff could do with out that, thank you very much!) They then
have a cuddle/play session, with DH tickling his belly and making him
bunny kick and nibble his hand. It is very cute to watch.

I think I will keep DH a while longer. G

Miahi