Old October 15th 03, 02:17 PM
kaeli

In article ,
Â* enlightened us with...
I know we split on this issue about declawing, but I was curious as to
your thoughts about renting to cats. I am happy to report that Kami
and I will be moving into a very nice apartment community. My deposit
was $100, hers $300 even though she is declaw. The thing is, the
community requires cats to be declawed and they check! They asked us
to stop by the office at our earliest convenience so they can "meet"
her. (Why they can't just drop by the apartment I have no idea.)

That, sadly, is the case at many apartments around here. Declaw
required.
If people with cats stopped renting from those places, maybe they'd get
the idea that they shouldn't do that. Those people never listen to
reason. The fact is, a trained, clawed cat does a lot less damage than
say, a declawed cat who has litterbox issues. The owner should have to
pay for any damage their pet does. If the owner does pay for damage,
what should the landlord care if the cat is clawed? But, they don't
listen. So, vote with your feet and money - don't rent at these places.

This got me thinking about the West Hollywood issue. Many places in
West Hollywood are upscale and high rent. I know for a fact that some
require cats to be declawed. How does that work in the face of the
fact that declawing in West Hollywood is illegal? Wouldn't you think
that as a city that supposedly abhors declawing to the extent of
legislature it would make the requirement for it within its city limits
illegal as well?

That is way too logical for Hollywood.

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace