Old May 6th 04, 05:46 PM
James Marz

rpl wrote in message . net.cable.rogers.com...
James Marz wrote:
I don't know about clickers, but I do know that a BB gun works very
well in cat training. They learn very quickly to listen to me or *pop*
MREEOOOOWWWWWWRRRREEEOOOOW. A clicker just aggravates the cats they
need to know who the boss is.

Bet the cat laughed its ass off when you slid across a BB on the floor
and fell on your butt.

A bit too rough, though, the cat would then avoid you as opposed to
trying to do what you say (this works fine if the command you're using
is "get the hell out").

Otherwise the trick to negative-reinforcement (if you believe in that)
and cats is to **** them off... take the cat off the kitchen counter
where it knows it shouldn't be and rub its fur the wrong way so it has
to spend 20 minutes putting all its hair back in place.

pat

Messing a cats fur up really does irritate them, but shaving a bald
spot on top of their head, right between the ears really gets them
going. But don't try this if you have more than one cat because the
other cats will want to be done that way too. Cats just hate it if one
cat gets all the special attention.

James Marz