Old April 8th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Fluff going for X-rays

Yowie wrote:
The Fluffster has started limping and seems unwilling to bear much weight
on her left hind paw. I couldn't find anything wrong, so off we went on a
lovely car ride so she could meet some more really friendly happy people at
her favourite place, the vet (she is *so* not a cat!).

They couldn't find much wrong either, except that she has somewhat reduced
movement in her hips (its not bad though). She's going under tomorrow so
they can take x-rays. She's currently pleading with her big doggy eyes to
have her 10pm dinner, having entirely forgotten she had it at 7pm instead do
she'll have a empty stomach for the anaesthetic.

The likely suspect is arthritis, especially since its getting cooler around
these parts and she's a senior doggy that refuses to use her kennel and
therefore sleeps on the ground, silly dog (the kennel is unchanged, AFAICT).
There are many and various treatments and I hope they aren't going to be
fearfully expensive. Her eyes are bright and she's still got that stupid
doggy grin, so I don't think its time yet. Still, a few purrs, prayers wags
and whatever wouldn't go astray at this point. May it be easily dealt with,
whatever they find.

Yowie

Am asking the owners to add Fluffy to their purrs for your knee to be
all better soon. Am also sending lots of healing thoughts and wishes
for both you and Fluffy's hind legs.

Pam S