Old June 10th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Prednisolone for cats - can I fill a prescription in a pharmacy?

According to this article:

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library...one/page1.aspx

"This drug is registered for use in humans and animals.

Human formulations: Prelone® (Muro), Key-Pred® (Hyrex), Predalone®
(Forest), Predcor® (Hauck), Delta-Cortef® (Upjohn) and various generic
preparations

Veterinary formulations: Delta-Cortef® (Upjohn), Prednis-Tab® (Vet-A-
Mix), Meticorten® (Schering), Solu-Delta-Cortef® (Upjohn), Sterisol®
(Anthony), Cortisate-20® (Anthony) and various generic preparations"

Does the human formulation of Prednisolone really differ from the vet
formula? I thought that 5mg of a drug is the same regardless of whether
it's for a human or an animal.