Old June 11th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Prednisolone for cats - can I fill a prescription in a pharmacy?

wrote:

Does the human formulation of Prednisolone really differ from the vet
formula? I thought that 5mg of a drug is the same regardless of whether
it's for a human or an animal.

I would say yes. I think the main reason vets want you to buy meds
from them is so they can get the mark up. I've had vets give me
scripts when they didn't have the particular drug needed in stock. And
I have often gotten liquid antibiotics intended for human children from
the drugstore pharmacy for my cats. The vet probably won't want to
write the script if he has it in stock and they all have prednisolone
in stock.

Candace