Old February 7th 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

Default Fundraiser - PLEASE HELP - My cat needs surgery

"buglady" wrote in message
I fell for this once before. I sent money for a cat with bladder cancer
whose owner had only posted once about being desperate so thought about
my
own cat and if I couldn't afford it (although I was a bit short of money
myself at the time)
I would not do it again.
1. they are scamming
2. If we've haven't seen you on this group before, you are are scamming.

...........I think the only legitimate way to do this kind of thing is to
have the money sent directly to the vet for the treatment.

......Looks like the cat also has some spots on the nose. If those aren't
taken care of the nose will get eaten up. I would imagine that laser
surgery would be the best for the nose, would lose less of it. My
neighbor had an white cat with sarcoma like this and while she had the ear
tips removed she did nothing with the nose and when she had him PTS about
8 months later 3/4 of his nose was gone. This cat needs to stay out of
the sun, period, shouldn't even lay in a sunny window w/o a UV barrier
between.

Well I might suggest that anyone who has a cat needs to take notice of what
happened to Boyfriend last year. His intestines were out when he came in
from outside and I shot to the vets at midnight. The vet said Can you
afford this? I said yes. I lied a bit about that. But rpca helped with his
bill, 300 towards his 800. Bless you all who did this.