Old February 10th 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Tapeworm passed whole

I've never heard of one passed whole -- that would freak me out too!
That was very good of you to run the cat to the emergency vet. Your
cat-sitting bill to your friend should just about quadruple...

I wonder if the worm died on its own and that's why it came out? That's
just a guess.

We took in a stray cat years ago and it took us a long time to get rid
of her tapeworms. One pill usually does it, but she kept getting them
again every couple of months. The vet thought that maybe we just weren't
killing the original worm. It took about 3 or so doses before she was
worm-free (and she never got them again.)

Good luck with your friend's cat.

Rhonda

wrote:

Anyway, last night, after using the
litterbox there was a long (around 6 inches) string hanging from the
cat's anus -- turns out it had begun passing a tapeworm and the length
of it was just dangling there, exposed. After an emergency midnight
run to the vet, he's been given de-worming medication.