Old April 23rd 17, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Auckland library cat

On 4/23/2017 7:12 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
Statue planned to commemorate the library cat in Devonport, north
Auckland:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/loca...n-his-likeness

I was in Devonport a few years ago but didn't visit the library -
it's a pretty quiet, low-traffic area where a cat could normally
wander around safely, but not quite quiet enough:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/8895...t-dies-aged-17

The statue will be a nice tribute to Benjamin the cat. I'm very
sorry he was run over. That's what happens when cats wander around,
even in a sleepy little place like Devonport.

I love the idea of shop cats. Thanks, Jack!

Jill