Old May 25th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cats at Work

wrote:
I agree with you - I think it would be a great idea to socialize
kitties and bad guys at the same time :-) but I'm afraid that that
would be seen as entirely too kind to both criminals and cats.
I've seen a couple of shows about prison puppy programs and I think
they look terrific. There are some prisons that let cats wander around
inside the walls, but not many.

I know there's at least one prison in the States where the prisoners
take care of the cat population, many of whom are very tame (the cats)
and as for the prisoners, in that prison NOBODY messes with someone
else's cat or EVERYONE gangs up on him...

--Fil