Old October 17th 04, 09:49 PM
Cat Protector

I have been reading that the treats and water can be supplied. One Site
suggested that I get one of those drip bottles that they use for guinea pigs
for the water and few cat treats. They said the cat might not take either
but that was ok. I was worried more about the litter box part. I read on one
Site that with the flying vs car travel that each are stressful on the cat
but that flying may be better as the travel time is cut down significantly.
If I fly I will not want Isis to fly as cargo. She needs to be with me in
the cabin. Has anyone here had a successful flight with a cat?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Mimi Forsyth" wrote in message
car travel is FAR preferable for the cat. Your Sherpa bag will fit under a
plane seat....but the noise is deafening & very traumatic for the cat. You
are
right not to tranquilize. In case of turbulence, the cat has to be able to
brace itself.
4-6 hours in a car is nothing. And along the route you can talk to the
cat,
comfort it, supply treats & water. Worst case scenario, you can put on a
leash
& let the cat use a sandbox....but probably the cat will 'hold it' out of
sheer
terror anyway. For the same reason, it might not want food or water. But,
nice
if they're available.
Besides, airlines (and only a few of them) - as of 6 years ago- only
allowed 3
animals per cabin, so reservations had to be made well in advance.
Under no circumstances should a pet ever fly as cargo. Especially a cat
like a
Persian that already has breathing difficulties.
My two cents!