Old August 11th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bgarland2011

Default Cat Claw Ripped Out

Is there anything that can be done for a cat that has ripped out one of his
front claws?

My cat seems to have ripped out one of the claws on his front left paw.
Until last night he had seemed fine even after this happened. He wasn't
limping, was still very playful, and still continued to jump up onto things
just like normal. Then last night he jumped up into the chair next to me one
time and immediately began to cry like he was in pain. Now he has a
noticeable limp, and while he still wants to play and run around I can tell
that it is bothering him.

Is there anything to be done besides take him to the vet?