Old October 7th 05, 04:12 AM
Rhonda

I would shut the door and leave the food, water, and a litter box in
there tonight to make sure tomorrow morning that he came out to eat. If
he didn't -- I think I'd start tearing things apart to get to him. Is
there any way at all to get a look and see if he's there?

He'll probably come out at night when you are asleep.

It may be tricky, but try to block it off someway so he can't get down
there. I don't mind hidey cats, but I get uncomfortable when I can't at
least see them to check on them.

When this drama is over, spend lots of time talking to him and sitting
with him. One thing that really helps is food. Eventually try giving him
cat treats from your hand. Chicken worked for me on this latest kitty.
He couldn't stand it.

Let us know what he's up to.

Rhonda

martinicus wrote:

He's managed to get in behind the cabinet and
it looks like he's hiding under a floorboard although it's under the
bath and I can't get near him or see him. We've left him alone so far
and left some water and food beside the hole. But I'm starting to get
really worried now because he hasn't come out and it's been 16 hours
now. I also haven't heard him make a sound.