Old April 24th 14, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default This newsgroup is about CATS!

On 4/23/2014 10:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/23/2014 1:32 PM, Joy wrote:
On 4/16/2014 7:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/16/2014 10:20 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Robert Catt wrote:
Almost half the posts in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes are spam written by
people with no interest in cats. But that's what happens in an
unmoderated group - the idiots take over.

I still prefer my newsgroups unmoderated. It's easy enough to skip
over
the morons (kill-filing only works when they don't keep changing names
on you) and I don't want someone else deciding what I should and should
not read.

Hear hear!

Nymshifting is easy enough to deal with. It's easy enough to recognize
spammers. Trolls frequently cross-post to very unrelated groups.
Killfile them all. It's pretty simple and virtually painless.

Jill

It was simple for me with Outlook Express. However, now that I have
Thunderbird, it's complicated, and I can't remember how to do it. I
know I have to open the file, which in itself irks me. I liked being
able to killfile without opening a post.

Joy

Actually, you don't have to open the offensive post. (My mistake, I
gave you misinformation.) Just highlight the message, you don't have to
open it, just select it. Click Message, Create Filter from message and
select the action as delete.

Jill

Thank you!

Joy