Old April 24th 14, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default This newsgroup is about CATS!

On 4/23/2014 10:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/23/2014 1:32 PM, Joy wrote:
On 4/16/2014 7:26 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 4/16/2014 10:20 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Robert Catt wrote:
Almost half the posts in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes are spam written by
people with no interest in cats. But that's what happens in an
unmoderated group - the idiots take over.

I still prefer my newsgroups unmoderated. It's easy enough to skip
over
the morons (kill-filing only works when they don't keep changing names
on you) and I don't want someone else deciding what I should and should
not read.

Hear hear!

Nymshifting is easy enough to deal with. It's easy enough to recognize
spammers. Trolls frequently cross-post to very unrelated groups.
Killfile them all. It's pretty simple and virtually painless.

Jill

It was simple for me with Outlook Express. However, now that I have
Thunderbird, it's complicated, and I can't remember how to do it. I
know I have to open the file, which in itself irks me. I liked being
able to killfile without opening a post.

Joy

Actually, you don't have to open the offensive post. (My mistake, I
gave you misinformation.) Just highlight the message, you don't have to
open it, just select it. Click Message, Create Filter from message and
select the action as delete.

Jill

I just checked. I don't see a Message heading. I see Open Message in
New Tab, Open Message in New Window, Copy Message Location and Delete
Message. None of those appear to be the right choice. I don't see the
word Filter on the first menu at all. :-(

Joy