Old April 4th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Moongal

Default Lethargy, voice loss, weight loss, thirst

wrote in message
ups.com...
Our 11 year old cat who is usually pretty spry just lies around
everyday and doesn't eat as much and is losing weight. She has
increased thirst too. All of this sounds like diabetes, but she has
also lost her voice. She doesn't purr anymore and when she does meow
(which isn't very often anymore), she sounds really hoarse and it
usually either sounds like a little squeak or kind of a hiss. She
doesn't seem to have any pain anywhere in her body. We've got her an
appointment with the vet, but we tried to put it off for a while
hoping it was just a cold or something, because it's so traumatic for
her to go to the vet, and we hate putting her through that. Does
anyone have any idea what might be wrong with her? I'd just like to
hear some guesses before her appointment tommorow. Thanks!

You should definately get some blood work done. My cat has those same
symptoms, he has kidney failure and he's anemic, but without the blood work
it's hard to tell for sure because those symptoms can apply to other things
too and you need to know so you can treat your cat properly.

Good luck, I hope it's something that can be cured.