Old August 11th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

Default Cat Claw Ripped Out

Bgarland2011 wrote:
That was my gut instinct as well, I was just hoping that there was maybe
something that I could do for him. I will work on getting him an appointment.

When that happened to our cat we used some antisceptic cream made for
dogs and cats, before we took her to the vet. However, our cat never
appeared to be in pain, although there was some blood from the nail
bed. The vet said just to leave it alone unless there were signs of
infection, although he did put something else on it. We never knew how
she ripped the claw out, and it did grow back. I agree, take him to the
vet just to make sure it's not infected and doesn't become infected
later.
-yngver