Old September 22nd 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default Angie hates me

you *must* look like someone who hurt her then, nothing to do but ignore
her, good luck anyway with the others, I couldn't do what you are doing,
went a few times to play with the kittens, hurt too bad to leave them there,
Adam wrote in message
change your cologne or other fragrances you wear, and it is possible you
look like someone who abused her, I have seen this before, Tiger decided

he
hated our new TED because she was a woman, a female fixed him and

handled
him insensitively, he never had issues with the male ted but it has

taken
some to get him used to the female ted and she is a perfect cat person,

also
you might want to switch the type of shirt you wear, collar to no

collar,
like that, soft

Thanks, everybody, for your suggestions. I don't wear any fragrance,
and I have tried t-shirt, button-down collar, glasses, no glasses,
catnip, treats, staying away for a week, and Angie still hates me,
hissing and snarling if I'm within several feet of her. She now also
tries to swat me through the bars of her cage. Just me, other men are
okay. My latest strategy is just to ignore her and work on socializing
the other cats at the SPCA. And hope somebody adopts her soon!

Adam