Old January 8th 14, 09:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Nikki and the little bird

I kept hearing a bird chirp last night. I couldn't tell if it was
outdoors or in the attic, so I walked carefully around to try to find
the source. Finally, I realized what it was--Nikki was playing with one
of the play n' squeak toys. It is in the form of a little bird, and the
sound is realistic enough that it took me awhile to realize that it
wasn't real. I have several of these toys that attract the cats, but
the others (the frog, for example) to not sound "real." This little
bird is an exception.

Some friends of mine bought their dogs a rubber head of
Margaret Thatcher that squeaked when you squeezed it.

They took one bite and fled. They were terrified of it.