Old October 27th 15, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Jellicle Ball 2015 begins

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Good eevnin, kitteez an frenz. Welkum to Jellicle Ball 2015. Itz gud
to see yoo awl heer in dis yooneek place. Iznt it bootiful? I hope
yoo awl sined da gestbuk and taked a ranebow hankee.

Az usual, da list uv namez seemz furry long dis yeer, an reedin it
remindz ussez uv da luv an happiness dat we had wif owrown departid
frenz. We missez owrown frenz furry much, but Bast allotz eech kittee
a sertin amownt uv time heer on Erf. She haz herown reezinz fur dis,
reezinz dat we may nevver know. Sum uf ussez are blessed to hab long
lifez, an sum haz only a short life. In eedur kase, when dat time iz
dun we must leev owrown frenz an fambliez heer an joyn doze hoo watez
fur ussez at da Rainbow Bridge.

Of korse, it iz not only da departid hoo watez. We, too, watez heer
to joyn dem. But I wud say dat it iz not gud to spend tootoo much
time waitin. Bof at da Brij an heer on Erf, dere iz much to do,
mennee wunnerful esperiencez to hab, an I beleevz dat kitteez in bof
placez wantz awl dere lubbed wunz to be happee. So wile we missez dem
an are sad fur a liddle time when dey leavez, wee needz to rememfur
to hab a gud life wile we iz heer.

[Rebecca pauses]

Befur we purrceedz wif da serrymoniez, let me tell yurownselvez abowt
da skejool fur dis eevnin. Soon, we will hav da callin of da namez by
Daisy-chan. Dat will be heer in da kave. After dat, a loo-ow will be
served owtside by lokal kitteez. Dey haz purrpared mennee lokal
dellycaciez fur ussez to try, and dey also haz awl of da komoonitee's
fafurit fudz. Yoo kan eet in da area purrvided owtside, or yoo kan
eet heer in da kave.

Durin da loo-ow, enneewun hoo wantz to iz welkum to kum to da stage
an giv a tribyoot. In kase ennee uv yurownselvez iz noo to da
Jellicle Ball, a tribyoot iz a liddle speech abowt a departid luvved
wun. It kan be fur a luvved wun hoo wuz kalled in the list, or wun
hoo wuznt. Namez kan be added to da list until da final kallin at da
end of da Ball. Dere are speekerz set up in da loo-ow area so dat
kittiez attendin da loo-ow kan heer tribyoots frum dere.

Later dis eevnin, if Bast iz willin, we hopez to be abul to see da
Rainbow Bridge and owrown deer departid frenz wavin to ussez frum
dere. I hopez yoo will awl joyn in da tradishunal singin uv Cat
Anjil, an we hopez to heer da departid frenz sing bak to ussez. Dat
iz alwaze a furry moovin part of da Jellicle Ball.

An now, pleez pay respeckful attenshun wile Daisy-chan calls dis
yeer'z namez.

[Rebecca smiles at Daisy-chan, and goes to take her seat next to a
smart-looking Havana Brown mancat.]

Daisy-chan, looking just a little nervous clutches some papers with
little holes in them.

'Fur all attendees, please take a glow stick with you into the cave.
Wez not have the candle site now so as I reads the names, you will
raise your glow stick. It is time', the moon is soon rising'.

Kittahs and others filter into a room light well enough and find
pillows, mats and other things about. Cash snags one at the entrance
and waits as folks sign in and find a perch they like. He catchs the
deaf ones and lets them know he will repeat in ASL-C/D. A few perch at
the back, happy to fully 'hear' it all for once.

As they settle in and Daisy-chan heads to the podium, Cash repeats the
opening from Rebecca for them then stands back respectfully.