Old September 3rd 03, 04:14 PM
lrulan

Winter is coming here too. We had a bad one last year. I had to have
groceries delivered 2 times because I was scared to drive out in the
snow/ice to go to the supermarket. Although it's fun to be locked in for a
day or 2 due to bad weather, it gets old real fast. Thank goodness we don't
have a d*g that has to be walked outside. Jazz and I do real great in our
warm house all cuddled up.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Marina" wrote in message
It was a cold night last night. When I opened the balcony door in the
morning for the cats to go out (after they had been fed, of course), they
took one sniff at the icy air and raced back to bed. Frank burrowed under
the covers.

But Nikki was unsettled. She followed me around meowing her plaintive yet
demanding miaaaah! I showed her her food, "look, yummy food, are you
hungry?" No, she followed me again. Miaaah! I showed her Frank sleeping
cosily on the bed, "look, there's your best friend, go and have a nap with
him?" No, she followed me again. Miaaah! I sat down at the computer to

read
the ng, and she wound around the chair. Miaah!

Finally I picked her up. Nikki doesn't like to be in your lap, she will

stay
for a few scritches, then leave. But now she settled down in my arms and
leaned into the scritches. She stayed for a good 15 minutes, leaning this
way and that to get the good scritches. Hair was flying all around us.

So all she wanted was a cuddle. I think it was the cold that scared her.

Now
I hear Frank squeaking from the bed. Better go cuddle him, too.

--
Marina