Old January 2nd 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default I can feel my cat's spine, very boney in that region, confused and concerned!

John Doe wrote:

Rhonda wrote:

... There are many other things that can happen though -- renal

problems,
tooth infections, etc. Please note any other symptoms to tell
the vet such as peeing more than normal, problems with chewing,

The idea that a tooth infection might lead to chewing problems and

therefore
less food intake sounds good to me, but I was told that a tooth
infection would be obvious?

Our cats' tooth infections were not obvious. Three of our cats in the
last few years have had teeth removed -- two of them because I noticed
their mouths dropped open when I petted the sides of their face. It was
weird, like a trap door released. I didn't notice any other symptoms.

The other one had a bigger problem -- could not eat, had respiratory
symptoms, nose running, he was miserable. They didn't think it was his
teeth but went in to remove a bad one anyway (and they found several
more bad ones in the process.) He started getting better the next day.

Rhonda